Sunday, August 31

Bookish Awards #1: 2014 Summer





I promised in my 100th post that I'll make posts out of the best books of the month, season and year. I decided to skip the monthly awards altogether because I don't read that many books per month. However, I'll still share with you my monthly favorites in my usual monthly wrap-up post but that will be all. 

I'd planned to write seasonal recaps as well but I decided against it because I see no point in doing the seasonal awards and the seasonal wrap up. 

I thought of 10 categories for my Seasonal Bookish Awards, I hope you'll enjoy my post. Unlike myself I won't say anything about the books, I'm just going to paste in a Goodreads link and cover. 

Click on the covers for Goodreads page. 








Cress from Cress




Thiago from the Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy



Cress and Thorne from Cress


Thorne shuffled his feet. “You know, if it was a bad kiss, you can just say so.”
She stiffened. “That’s not at all what I … Wait. Did you think it was a bad kiss?”
“No,” he said, with an abrupt, clumsy laugh. “I thought it was … um.” He cleared his throat. “But there were clearly a lot of expectations, and a lot of pressure, and…” He squirmed in the chair. “We were going to die, you know.”
“I know.” She squeezed her knees into her chest. “And, no, it wasn’t … I didn’t think it was a bad kiss.”
“Oh, thank the stars.” 


Adrian 
from The Fiery Heart and Silver Shadows (after he stops whining)


"It is a condition of monsters that they do not perceive themselves as such. The dragon, you know, hunkered in the village devouring maidens, heard the townsfolk cry ‘Monster!’ and looked behind him."




That was it, I hope you enjoyed my post and like this new feature on my blog. Don't forget to tell me in the comments what your pick would be for a seasonal award. Choose one book from your 2014 summer reads list to every topic, of course you don't have to write to all the topics. 

Happy reading.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog! I've been meaning to get around to a "Best of 2014 So Far" list, but so far it hasn't happened, lol. Perhaps soon, though! It's a shame you didn't like City of Heavenly Fire so much. It was probably my most anticipated book of the year. It had its flaws, but I still liked it. Followed!

    Btw, where did you get your Anna and the French Kiss banner? I never found that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brittany! City of Heavenly Fire was one of my most anticipated books too, I couldn't wait to read it but I found it boring and at some parts ridiculous. Anyways, I'm glad you liked it.

      Just click on the banner and it will bring you straight to the blog where I found it. :)

      Delete
  2. This is an amazing post ! Great idea ! :)
    Yes, too bad you didn't enjoy coty of heavenly fire. Oh well, there are so many great books out there, you can't like all of them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :)
      You're right in that one. :)

      Delete
  3. This is a wonderful idea! I loved Cress and The Fiery Heart. Cress and Thorne are just adorable together and Adrian has always been one of my book boyfriends :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I thought I love Cinder and Kai together but Cress and Thorne are just aww. lol. I love Adrian but he really annoyed me until like half of Silver Shadows. The Ruby Circle sounds amazing, we still have to wait like... half a year. :(

      Delete
  4. Ugh, Thiago. I think he's everyone's most hated character. City of Heavenly Fire is the worst? Ouch. Actually, I've heard mixed things about it and that everyone's pretty much tired of the Shadowhunters. I still need to read the last three, but I'm excited about Lady Midnight! I just can't help myself; I love Cassandra Clare's writing. But I'm just nervous because everything intertwines and it's hard to remember all that's going on in the different series. Gah, and Cress! MUST READ THAT SOON. Love this seasonal awards post; you should keep doing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? And in Dreams of Gods and Monsters when Karou actualIy trusted in him!? What was that? I was such a big fan of the first three books of TMI but now... I just want it to stop. I hope you'll enjoy them though. You haven't read Cress yet? You don't know what are you missing out! She's soo amazing and Thorne was amazing and everything was amazing lol. Much more action packed than the first two books and those weren't boring by far either. Thanks for you support, Holly. :D

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)