Friday, August 22

The 100th Post on Reading Is Dreaming with Open Eyes

This is officially the 100th post on Reading Is Dreaming with Open Eyes, yay! I'm in a complete shock right now because I feel like it was only a few weeks ago when I started the blog with only 11 reviews in total and absolutely no knowledge of the blogosphere. 

Seriously when I say I was clueless I mean it. Back then I wasn't following any blogs and didn't even read a single review outside of Goodreads, I had no idea how big the blogosphere is. A few days after creating Reading Is Dreaming with Open Eyes I found Bloglovin and realized just how many blogs are out there.

Let's take a look at the beginnings, shall we? 




At first I didn't do anything but posted review after review and didn't realize that some memes such as Top Ten Tuesday and Waiting on Wednesday are open to anyone. Since then I started to participate in both of these and now I can't even imagine a week without them. 

Blog tours? Cover reveals? What are those? - I had asked myself. After seeing many bloggers participate in things like that, I got super excited and searched them up. You can't see me but I'm making a very proud face because since then I did two cover reveals and participated in one blog tour. I can't wait to check out some more tour hosts and participate in more things. 

Unfortunately, I've never done any guest posts. Once I talked with a blogger about doing one but she said to write her a message at the end of the summer. I'll never gather my courage to write to her so yeah, I'd better forget this. I hope she won't see this post, that would be extremely awkward.

I realize that some things will have to change, and when is the better time for that than right now? Sometimes I want to write a post which is not a review and I'm sure that you, my lovely readers would like to read something other than the usual stuff too. Because of these reasons I'll participate in more things and will try to discuss some bookish questions etc. with you. What I love in writing blog the most is to read your comments so I hope these will encourage the 'quieter' readers to comment too. 

Guys, I have so many plans, like making a post out of how I did my TBR jar and other bookish crafts or a weekly or monthly post about my favorite quotes. Maybe I'll edit these into pictures. 

My biggest plan is to start to write a monthly post, which would include the book of the month, the cover of the month, the best main character of the month and the worst book of the month. 

There are some bookish games that I would like to talk to you about. It's not a secret that I absolutely love covers so I may make some post out of those too. One of my ideas is to make a post about comparing covers that were changed for some reason, I think I'd compare the covers of the different countries to each other and see which one is the best looking. 

I have no idea if I'll be able to do all of these, or any of these for that matter because school is starting in the fall and that will limit my time a lot. But I'm really enthusiastic about these changes and I hope I'll be able to do some of them. 

You might guessed that I'm not the bravest person out there, I can be extremely shy when it comes to write to people who I've never talked to. I love to talk about books on Goodreads but I rarely have the courage to start a discussion with anyone. If you're interested in talking with me about books or anything else, contact me anywhere and I most definitely answer. :)

Finally, I'd like to thank you for reading this long post and for just simply stopping by my blog. If you're a follower I want to thank you so much for your support. 

Happy reading! 

Love, 
Veronika :)

10 comments:

  1. It took me a long time to put myself out there once I created my blog! It's very daunting, indeed. And hey, if you ever have plans for guest posts and such, feel free to ask me! I'm a very shy person too, so I understand how much courage it takes to reach out and make friends through this crazy and wonderful experience. You've been one of my regular commenters for awhile now, and I appreciate every single one. I love your blog and I can't wait to see what you do in the future. :)

    -Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're really sweet, thank you. :) Okay, I'll keep it in mind. I love your blog too and I can't wait to see how will it look after you redesigned it.
      Thanks for the meaningful comment. :)

      Delete
  2. Really, you're amazing! I have seen your blog from the very beginings (when I still didn't have one) and now I see your 100th post. I just started my blog and I'm still new to this all, but hey I have you, one of my closest friends with this beautiful blog to help me. :) I wish you good luck with your plans and I hope you will help me out with my blog from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I wish you'd be this sweet in real life too, haha. :))
      Thank you so much!
      Of course I'll help. :)

      Delete
    2. That first sentence really hurts. :)
      Thank you for the help beforehand.

      Delete
    3. Sometimes the truth hurts.
      Tomorrow, we'll work on your blog, no matter what.

      Delete
  3. Hey! I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award!

    More info on the award here: http://timeturningreads.blogspot.com/2014/08/my-7-deadly-sins-truth-has-come-out.html

    Also, congratulations on writing your 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the 100th post, Veronika! It's an amazing milestone, and I can still remember the elated feeling I felt when I made that many posts, too. Definitely give other memes a try, maybe even add some opinion pieces into the mix, too? We would love a discussion initiated by you! :)

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faye! It is a great feeling, like I've accomplished something and I'm so excited for the new things I have in mind. Thanks for the advice, I'll do my best to write some interesting discussions.

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)