Monday, September 1

Summer Recap


Hello sweeties. It's September 1st and school (meh) is officially started. School ends my lazy don't-have-to-do-anything days and takes away from both my reading and blogging time. *sad sigh* Anyhow I thought I'll do a recap of this summer, so here it is. 

In the beginning of summer I joined to the 2014 Summer Reading Challenge hosted by Bookwyrming Thoughts. When I joined in a wrote a post about it and I added a TBR list with the promise of crossing at least a few items of off it. Well, I did succeed in reading as many books as I planned to but I was only able to cross off a few books from my list. Anyhow I did succeed in reading 32 books, actually I read 37 books this summer so I think I can say that I did well.

I made some promises in my 100th post and I'm going to keep them, starting with making posts out of the books that I reward with an "award" for some reason. My plan is to do monthly, seasonal and yearly awards, the categories of course won't be the same, logically the yearly award will have the most categories. I've already posted The 2014 Summer Awards yesterday so you can go check it out here

I think I've dragged out this far too long so let's see the list of the books I've read this summer.   




I put the books in alphabetical order by the authors' names. 
I listed the books I haven't reviewed too because they count into the challenge as well. 

Katie Alender - Bad Girls Don't Die (Bad Girls Don't Die #1)

Tanya Byrne - Heart-Shaped Bruise 

Cassandra Clare - City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6)

James Dawson - Cruel Summer~ no review
James Dawson - Say Her Name

Penelope Douglas - Bully (Fall Away #1)

Jae Erwin - Stillness Dancing 

Jeaniene Frost - The Beautiful Ashes ~ no review

Nell Gavin - Hang On 

Bronwyn Green, Jessica Jarman and Abigail Barnette - If Ever I Would Leave You 

Abigail Haas - Dangerous Boys ~ no review

Sophie Jordan - Uninvited (Uninvited #1)

Amanda Maciel - Tease 

Melissa MacVicar - Ever Near (Secret Affinity #1)

Morgan Matson - Since You've Been Gone  ~ no review

Richelle Mead - The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines #4) ~ no review
Richelle Mead - Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5)

Marissa Meyer - Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1)
Marissa Meyer - Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles #2)
Marissa Meyer - Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3)

E. Lockhart - The Boyfriend List (Ruby Oliver #1)

Stephanie Perkins - Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3)

Kate Karyus Quinn - (Don't You) Forget About Me ~ no review

Calia Read - Unravel 

Laura Roppé - Heart Shaped Rock 

Marie Rutkoski - The Winner's Curse (The Winner Trilogy #1)

Nalini Singh - Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
Nalini Singh - Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling #4)
Nalini Singh -Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling #5) ~ no review
Nalini Singh - Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling #6) ~ no review
Nalini Singh -Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling #7) ~ no review

Laini Taylor - Daughter of Smoke & Bone (DoS&B#1)
Laini Taylor - Days of Blood & Starlight (DoS&B#2)
Laini Taylor - Dreams of Gods & Monsters (DoS&B#3)

Samantha Young - Fall from India Place (On Dublin Street #4) 


Short stories I read: 

Jamie McGuire - Mrs Maddox (Beautiful Disaster #1.5)
Marissa Meyer - Glitches (The Lunar Chronicles #0.5) ~ no review
Marissa Meyer - The Little Android (The Lunar Chronicles #0.6) ~ no review
Marissa Meyer - The Queen's Army (The Lunar Chronicles #1.5) ~ no review
Marie Rutkoski - Bridge of Snow (The Winner's Trilogy #0.5)
Nalini Singh - Beat of Temptation and Whisper of Sin (Psy-Changeling #0.5 & 0.6)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)