Saturday, April 8

My Life in Books Tag


Hello, you lovely human beans. I hope you've been doing well. Me, alas, not quite so much. I've been having a nightmare of a couple of weeks, with uni draining me of life- possibly quite literally, I must add. Anyhoo, for today's post, I decided to do a book tag I stumbled upon at Dreamland Book Blog for two reasons- no, make it three. One, I haven't had time to READ. It's appalling, I know, but I've simply not been able to make time for reading...priorities and all that, you know? Two, it's been ages since I did a book tag, so why not? And three- these questions looked like fun, so again, why not indeed?  

1. Find a book for each of your initials

My Lady Jane (a book I've been wanting to read for SO long)
The Raven Boys asdfghjklmnopqrty of course
The Female of the Species (another book I've been dying to read)


    

2. Count your age along your bookshelf: What book is it?

I'm sorry but I'm way too comfortable here in bed to get up and go count books, so I'll just go with one I'd recommend to anyone and everyone- The Broken Sky by L. A. Weatherly! 



3. Pick a book set in your city/country

My city, nah, nothing- but one of my favorite books set in my country is Madol Doova, a book I've read and reread and read again. Also, there are a couple of books I've been meaning to get to, like, Wave by Sonali Deraniyagala  and Swimming in the Monsoon Sea by Shyam Selvadurai, that come highly recommended by people whose opinions I truly value. 


  

4. Pick a book that represents a destination you’d love to travel to


This is a tough one. I want to visit all the places, but I must admit the beach always held a strange allure and appeal to me and therefore I'd choose The Summer of Chasing Mermaids! I loved how Atargatis Cove sounded and I'd give anything to be there right now! 


5. Pick a book that’s your favorite color

This is easy peasy- black and red and feminist af. (And if you haven't read this series already- please do!)



6. Which book do you have the fondest memories of?

Ah, this is a no-brainer. It will always be Harry Potter, no matter what. Always.




7. Which book did you have the most difficulty reading?

This is going to be a hugely unpopular opinion, but I never could see what the big deal was about...Percy Jackson *runs away* 



8. Which book in your TBR pile will give you the biggest accomplishment when you finish it?

Erm, all the books? Well, there really are so many books I wish I could get to, but as of right now, it would be THUG. I've been wanting to read it for so long, and I'd be so very happy when I fiiinally read it! 



So, that was me doing the My Life in Books Tag! Which of these books that I'm yet to read have you read- are they worth my waiting for them? Tell me in the comments below!

14 comments:

  1. I'll be honest and I'll say I share a tear when I read about you not getting along with Percy *sigh* and I also wanna read My Lady Jane and the Female of the Species! They sound really good! Oh and THUG is my favourite book this year so far and yes, read it read it read it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ARGH I'M SORRY I disappointed you with that comment on Percy Jackson :D I do think it came into my life at the wrong time? Maybe I'd have loved it more had I read it when I was younger :P And oooh I REALLY need to get to THUG soon- that sure is high praise coming from you! <3

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you've had a rough couple of weeks, Ruzaika:( hopefully things will get better! I hope you get to read THUG soon because I just finished it and OMG was it ever just perfection!! I'm so sorry you didn't get Percy Jackson :( It's one of my favourite series but I kinda get why some people don't click with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just started my break now, so I'll hopefully be completely freeeeeeeee for at least two weeks, I'm so excited I don't even know what to do with my free time :D I'm so gladdd you get why Percy Jackson didn't quite click with me! And I reeeeeeeeally need to get to THUG soon! <3

      Delete
  3. This is a fun book tag. I have read a lot of the books up there. I am interested in reading The Hate U Give, as it has received a lot of praise.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hate U Give sure has been hyped up a lot, but for once, all the hype seems to be well-deserved! I really have to get started on it soon!

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry school has been eating your time! These past few weeks weren't easy for me either, but I'm still dealing with high school finals, so I can't even imagine what my life will be once I get into an university. If I manage to do so, of course, hahah.
    This is a very fun tag! I really want to read The Hate U Give as well, but I think the book in my TBR that I'd feel very pleased to finish is probably The Light We Can Not See. I've started this book, but didn't finish it, and everytime I try to pick it up again, I'm never able to continue on. I hope to finish it one day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you'll manage to get to uni. Smh. But when you do get there, you're going to be so gloriously stressed ahahaha :D But you'll manage. I certainly seem to be able to :P I've been meaning to read All the Light We Cannot See for a very long time too, but somehow I've never been able to get into it :( Hope we both get to read it fully soon! <3

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful tag! HARRY POTTER ALL THE WAY! Best childhood memories ever <3 And ahh The Raven Boys and the best friends I never had <33 But i am appalled you don't like Percy Jackson!! But hey, to each our own :D I've been dying to read THUG too! And I'm going to order The Broken Sky on Amazon!! You've recommended it to me so much! I'm sure it'll be FREAKING AWESOMEEE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss- the Raven boys sure are the best friends I never had too *sighs dreamily* And Ronan! ARGH.
      Aw I'm sorry I made you cringe at my preferences in books :D I just think Percy Jackson came into my life at the wrong time? :P
      OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD I HOPE YOU READ BROKEN SKY SOOON! I swear you'd love it!!!!!! <33

      Delete
  6. Fun tag, Ruzaika! I don't even think I've seen this one before. I've been hearing great things about The Female of the Species but haven't picked it up yet. The cover of Broken Sky is gorgeous! Sorry to hear you've been so swamped... I hope things settle down soon!

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is gorgeous and SO IS THE BOOK!!! :D I hope you pick it up sometime soon! Things are starting to settle down, but everything will bein a turmoil once again before long ahahaha :D <3

      Delete
  7. Aww, poor you. I get where you're coming from though - college life is draining me, so I'm doing is putting together random posts that make half the coherency.

    I'll forgive you for the Percy Jackson transgression. I think I enjoyed it because I read it at 12... and Percy was 12... so um... yeah. There was that. I haven't read a Riordan book in 4 years though.

    Look on the bright side though: SUMMER BREAK SOON. I think? (I'm not sure how it works for you. Please forgive my transgression and try not to let Roberta hear of this part.)

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting together random posts- I guess that's what we all tend to do when life demands too much from us but we still don't want to abandon blogging :D
      Haha- I'm glad you forgive me for being so harsh on Percy Jackson :P I liiiked it okay, but gah. Idk.
      AND YES- I'm on my break right now! Sadly we don't get a looong summer break because it's practically summer here all year long, but we do get a couple of weeks, so that's something <3

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)