Thursday, September 21

10 Attention-Catching Opening Lines


Hello lovelies! Today - as you've undoubtedly guessed from the title - I'm going to share 10 opening lines with you that instantly caught my attention. I've done a post like this before (you can find it here) which wasn't only fun to make, but also was well-received by y'all, so I'm really excited to share these following first lines with you! 






***YES, I CAN SEE THE REPETITION, TOO. Omg, it kills me, absolutely KILLS ME, because I'm a perfectionist in many ways, but there's no changing it now, because I don't have the background pic anymore. *cries*

ANYHOO, the actual quote goes like: 

"On the morning we're to to leave for our Grand Tour of the Continent, I wake in bed beside Percy. For a disorienting moment, it's unclear whether we've slept together, or simply slept together."










Do you have a favorite opening line? Share it/them! Have you read any of these books? What did you think? 

8 comments:

  1. Charlotte Says opening is very intriguing, while Gentleman's Guide and Isla opening sounds fun, but all of them are amazing and get me excited to read them! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte Says is PERFECT for October, Tasya! I'll be reviewing it soon, so look out for that if you're interested in it. :) Thank you!

      Delete
  2. "Trust me, I`m Lying" has a really good opening line. And I`ve heard so many good things about "Tash Hearts Tolstoy", but I`ve yet to read it.

    Carmen / Carmen`s Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust Me, I'm Lying is GREAT. Not the best book EVER, but it's fun and fast-paced. THT is SO WONDERFUL. Hope you'll like it!!

      Delete
  3. I'm reading Tash Hearts Tolstoy too, but I especially love Magnus's opening line, hahaha. Riordan always has the best opening lines. They're definitely eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And Riordan also has AMAZING chapter-titles, the Magnus Chase novels have truly unique/funny ones.

      Delete
  4. I've actually not read any of these books - but you're doing your best to push The Epic Crush of Genie Lo to the top of my buy list. I love the quote from A Spear of Summer Grass, so hilarious. And the opening for Night of a Thousand Stars reminds me so much of those old screwball romantic comedies from the thirties and forties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd like The Epic Crush of Genie Lo when you're in the mood for something quick and fun. I was disappointed by A Spear of Summer Grass - Night of a Thousand Stars was waaaaay better, BUT ALSO, Deanna Raybourn's Lady Julia Grey s. are super-worth reading, and they have great opening lines. She's just a fantastic writer.

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)