Tuesday, October 3

Top Ten Book Boyfriends of 2017


Hi everyone! As per usual, Tuesdays are for Top Ten Tuesday (a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish). Instead of trying to list the qualities that made me love these characters, I'm going to share a quote by each them, so you can sort of feel the "vibe" of the characters. 

Click on the covers for the Goodreads pages!




THEO from Wonder Woman: Warbringer 
by Leigh Bardugo



“Sure we do," said Theo, swatting at a branch. "We get to the spring, Alia gets cured. We argue over the best choice for our We Saved The World victory dance."
"I do enjoy your optimism," said Diana.
"And I admire your ability to lift a car over your head without breaking a sweat and look fine as hell doing it," said Theo with a bow.”

ROBERT from The Duchess War
by Courtney Milan


“Distressed sighs!” Robert protested. “Not once did I stoop to distressed sighs! I might have emitted a manly huff of oppression.” 

PAUL from Tash Hearts Tolstoy
by Kathryn Ormsbee


"I would. Rather. Hug you. Than be with. Anyone else. Just. Hug you. Do you. Want to. Hug me. Back."

DUVAL from Grave Mercy
by Robin LaFevers


“Whenever you are ready, or if you never are, my heart is yours, until Death do us part. Whatever that may mean when consorting with one of Death’s handmaidens.” 

BLAKE from Trade Me
by Courtney Milan


“You said that I didn’t notice people like you.” His voice lowers. His eyes are relentlessly blue, and they cut into me. “That’s completely false. You’ve never been invisible to me. I saw you the first day we crossed paths, and I’ve been seeing you ever since.” 

ESBEN from 180 Seconds
by Jessica Park


“I love you, Allison. It happened when I wasn’t looking for it, when I didn’t know I needed it. But I fell in love with you so quickly and so smoothly. So without question.”

TYRUS from The Diabolic
by S. J. Kincaid


His thumb stroked over my lip, his eyes glowing. "So you do feel. Can it be possible you care for me the way I care for you?"
(...)
"You still do?" (Nemesis)
"I never stopped. I will never stop."

JAMIE from Queens of Geek
by Jen Wilde


"You know what I do when I'm angry at the world for being full of shadows, insensitive assholes?" (Jamie)
"What?" (Taylor)
He swallows. I feel his Adam's apple rise and fall. "I think of you."
I stop crying. I don't even breath. "Huh?"
"I think of you," he says again, this time more resolute. "Because you're kind, hilarious, smart, gorgeous, and the most awesome person I've ever met. If there can be someone like you in the world, then it can't be such a bad place after all."

CHARLES from Jane Steele
by Lyndsay Faye


ALL my favorite quotes are spoilers, so you'll have to read this one to see them. :P

WILL from The Disappearances
by Emily Bain Murphy


"It's all right," he says, his hands gripping my shoulders. "Open your eyes. It's not real."
I look at him until I can finally grasp what he's saying.
(...)
"Thanks." I wipe my eyes with the back of my hands. "I'm okay now."
Then he lies down on the floor next to my bed without another word and stays there with me until the light of morning comes.

Have you read any of these books? If so, do you agree with me picking the heroes as fave book boyfriends? Who are your favorite book-boyfriends/girlfriends/partners?

Share with me your TTTs in the comments!

24 comments:

  1. Great post! I agree, I loved Esben. He seemed like such a fun guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo hadn't heard of Trade Me but it sounds good.
    https://mylifethroughfiction.wordpress.com/2017/10/03/top-ten-tuesday/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS SO SO SO GOOD. One of the best NA novels I've ever read.

      Delete
  3. Your list is just a whole bunch of books on my TBR. IT IS A GUILT LIST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha, sorry (?) - but seriously, READ THESE, they are fantastic.

      Delete
  4. I am reading Tash Hearts Tolstoy right now. I didn't even realize that Paul was crush-worthy. Hmm... guess I'd better read on. My Top Literary Crushes, reprise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, he is ADORABLE, imo. You'll see :P

      Delete
  5. Ooh Duval was awesome in Grave Mercy! Forgot about that. And Queens of Geek was fun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duval was my favorite from the three heroes of the trilogy, tbh. Can't believe I've only just now read the books.

      Delete
  6. Great post! I love the idea of using quotes from the books. Here is my Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! I need to get myself introduced to these boyfriends! Great list!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Wonder Woman:Warbringer and Theo was definitely one of the highlights. I just loved his sense of humor.

    Carmen / Carmen`s Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Theo was amazing, I want a sequel to WW:W, tbh, partly because of him, BUT ALSO, the FEMALE FRIENDSHIP.

      Delete
  9. I haven't met any of these guys. Clearly I've got some reading to do.

    Have a great week. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, I love that quote from Trade Me. So swoony. Blake sounds like quite a guy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, Tanya, I 1000% think you'd love Trade Me!! Courtney Milan is a fantastic author.

      Delete
  11. ESBEN! He was sort of beyond perfection. It was actually a relief when he sort of lost his stuff a little, but even then, he was still pretty amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, what a lovely post!! <3 I'm reading The Diabolic now and am sure TYRUS sould make my list in future!! Love that you focused on books from this year!

    This week I twisted the topic and talked about why fall in love with characters... http://wp.me/p3LRfZ-5Wm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Tyrus was amazing, I'm super-excited for the sequel! I've just been over to your post, and it's super-awesome. :D

      Delete

Your comments are what keep us going so we take the time to reply to each and every one you leave for us. We'll always try our best to visit your blogs and leave a comment for you in return. :)